The VIEWS Lifestyle
What a Beautiful Way to Live
You did it! You’ve raised a wonderful family, and now that the kids have grown up and moved out... as calm and quiet become the new normal around the family home, you nd yourself surrounded by memories, photographs, mementos, and of course, random pieces of sports equipment – all serving as reminders of a life well lived.
Like many other Baby Boomers, you’re likely asking yourself...So now what?
Perhaps now is the time to stop and determine what’s most important to you for the next stage in your life. Have you asked yourself...
HOW DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?
A New Lifestyle
Living in a condo community presents a lifestyle different than living in a single family home - not everything is the same and our homeowners need to be prepared for that. Statesman believes that you don’t simply live in your ‘Suite’, rather, all of the well-appointed amenity spaces, including the building itself are viewed as extensions of your home. ...you and your guests are encouraged to enjoy the owner’s lounge, health and wellness center, steam rooms, serene garden spaces, outdoor fireplaces and BBQs, etc. whenever you wish...
Because The VIEWS is such a low density project, common areas are rarely occupied at the same time, and if/when they are, it presents an excellent opportunity to expand your circle of friends, since many homeowners share common traits and passions and are able to fully embrace the lock-and-leave lifestyle.
Improper Use or Lack of Use
Take a drive by any condo building with balconies in the city, and you can usually count the number of people actually sitting on their balconies on one hand. Next, take notice of what people actually use their balconies for...usually for storing their junk...bikes, bins, tires...at times even covered in a ghastly yellow, blue or orange tarp.
This does nothing to enhance the look of the community, nor does it help retain (and certainly won’t cause an increase in) property values.
Due to our rapidly-changing weather, many people have discovered they can only effectively utilize their balconies three or four months per year...and during these ideal weather periods, many were only accessing their private outdoor space four to five times – in total! You know the drill...it’s either too windy, too cool, too rainy...too something. For example, many days during June/July 2017 the temperature reached 27+ Celsius making the balconies much too hot to use.
The VIEWS will feature beautiful floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall triple pane, high-efficiency windows, allowing you to harness the feeling of being outside - all of the time. On the rare day (or hour) that Mother Nature provides us with patio-worthy weather, enticing you to crave the breeze and fresh air, the awning windows open wide in every outside room, allowing you to truly enjoy the best of both worlds. Then when the wind and rain kick in again, you will simply close the windows while still enjoying the breathtaking views, without the hassle of tearing down furniture, transporting dishes or chasing rogue pillows down the escarpment.
Lower Condo Fees
Eliminating the traditional balcony is an excellent way to save on future repairs, thereby lowering everyone’s condo fees, and can avoid and often help to eliminate outrageous increases in fees as the building ages.
Eliminating repairs to the exterior of the building presents a tremendous cost saving to our homeowners. We’ve all heard horror stories of extensive damage caused when structural elements in balconies fail, such as when gravity takes over causing them to slope in the wrong direction, which compromises the integrity of the building envelope, as well as rotting railings, corners and attachment points. Further, excessive (and often repeated) internal damage to personal and common areas caused when water penetrates through weak spots in the exterior and/or from improper drainage systems when it rains, when the snow melts etc. In fact, many customers have
purposely moved to our Statesman buildings after experiencing a cash call or massive increase in condo fees when exterior balconies ultimately fail and require repairs.
Statesman's construction standards and window technologies have eliminated this problem for our homeowners.
YOU DID IT!
You’ve raised a wonderful family, and now that the kids have grown up and moved out…as calm and quiet become the new normal around the family home, you find yourself surrounded by memories, photographs, mementos, and of course, random pieces of sports equipment – all serving as reminders of a life well lived. Like many other Baby Boomers, you’re likely asking yourself…
SO NOW WHAT?
Perhaps now is the time to stop and determine what’s most important to you for the next stage in your life. Have you asked yourself…
HOW DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?
- Pitch n’ Putt Golf Course
- Protected Natural Reserve
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Facility
- Health and Wellness Center
- YOGA, Meditation, and Exercise Classes
- Infa-red Sauna and Change Room
- Walking & Bike Paths Only Steps Away
- Xeriscaped Landscaping Exterior
- Low Maintenance Perennial Landscaping
- Owner’s Lounge and Amenity Room
- Gas BBQ’s and Trellis Seating
- SUBZERO and WOLF Appliances from Bradlee Distributors
- Dimplex Fireplaces
- Executive Grade Interior Finishes
- Complimentary Interior Design Consultation
- Individual Climate Controlled Suites
- 4-Pipe Fan Coil Heating Systems
- Air Conditioning Included
- In-Suite Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Automatic Sprinkler System Throughout
- Cast Iron Insulated Plumbing Risers
- Dual Steel Stud Party Walls
- 10” Concrete Between Floors
- 9ft. Ceilings and Expansive Windows
- Curtain Window Wall Technology
- Industrial Grade Windows and Doors
- OTIS High Speed Traction Elevators
- Parkade Level Secondary Storage
- Underground Heated Parkade
- Indoor Bicycle Storage
Enjoy Your Next Stage of Life in Stylish Comfort
- Legendary View Living in a Boutique Gated Community
- Fitness Centre with Exercise & Yoga Classes
- Outdoor BBQ plus Trellis Entertainment Area
- Adjacent to a network of majestic walking trails
- Storage Areas
- SECURED Parking
- Curtain Wall of Windows for Views
- Concrete & Steel Structure
AMENITIES and LIFESTYLE BENEFITS | Interior
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Facility | Infra-red Sauna and Change Room
- Fully Furnished Owner’s Lounge Featuring Kitchenette, Bistro Table and Relaxed Seating
- Well-appointed Common Areas Create a Welcoming Ambiance For You and Your Guests
- Multi-Purpose Room | Indoor Bicycle Storage | Parkade Level Secondary Storage
LANDSCAPING and NATURE OVERVIEW
- Unparalleled Views…Paskapoo Slopes, Bow River Valley, Calgary’s Iconic Downtown Skyline
- Built Into the Escarpment Overlooking a Protected Environmental / Municipal Reserve
- Explore Beautiful Walking / Hiking Trails, Bike Paths and Scenic Look-Outs Only Steps Away
- Manicured Xeriscape Exterior Landscaping with Low Maintenance Perennials
- Orchestrated Natural Barrier Walls Providing Seclusion and Privacy From Existing Pathways
AMENITIES and HIGHLIGHTS | Exterior
- Enjoy YOGA or Fitness Lessons, Surrounded By Nature | Pitch n’ Putt Golf
- Roof-Top and Garden-Level Community Spaces with Natural Gas BBQs and Trellis Seating
- Vented Windows in Living and Sleeping Spaces